Data virtualizationIt is an approach to data management that allows an application to retrieve and manipulate data without requiring technical details of where it stored and how it is formatted etc. For example, this is the approach used by social networks to store our photos on their networks.
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- The big data industry will be worth an estimated $77 billion by 2023.
- Nearly 50 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their sales and marketing departments.
- 90 percent of IT professionals plan to increase spending on BI tools.
- The worldwide big data market is projected to grow from $42 billion in 2018 to $103 billion in 2027.
- By 2025, the amount of the global datasphere subject to data analysis will grow by a factor of 50 to 5.2 zettabytes.
- 53 percent of companies are adopting big data analytics
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use search trends to derive data.
- The big data software market was worth $31 billion in 2018, growing 14 percent from the year before.
- 36 percent of investment professionals use web scraping to derive data.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- The Benefits of Data Lakes for Financial Services
- Overcoming common Enterprise Data Governance challenges
- Data Strategy Assessment: Current and Future State Analysis
- Snowflake Best Practices For Optimal Performance
- Overview: The Tableau Suite of Products
- Predictive Analytics can help reduce your Data Decay
- Finance Data Management & Governance Importance
- Exploring the Decomposition Tree Visual in Power BI
- Retail Predictive Analytics Improve Business Outcomes
- Enterprise Data Strategy: What is it? And why is it important?