Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- The worldwide big data market is projected to grow from $42 billion in 2018 to $103 billion in 2027.
- 60 percent of businesses believe it is harder to source talent for data and analytics positions than for any other roles
- 95 percent of businesses need to manage unstructured data.
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
- 30 percent of businesses consider the Spark software framework critical to their big data analytics strategies.
- 40 percent of businesses say they need to manage unstructured data on a frequent basis.
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
- 8 percent of businesses say data and analytics have fundamentally changed the nature of industry-wide competition
- 14 percent of investment professionals use credit card and POS software data to derive data.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Exporting DATA from Tableau to Excel
- Overview: The Tableau Suite of Products
- Exploring the Decomposition Tree Visual in Power BI
- Power BI Download Options: App vs MSI
- Implementing a Proof of Concept (POC) Approach
- Snowflake ELT vs. ETL
- Surprise! Payers’ Data Struggles with the No Surprises Act
- Top 5 performance best practices with Snowflake
- Driving Power BI Adoption
- Data Warehouse: Keys to Success