98 percent of sales representatives at construction companies that adopt analytics and geographic data reported dramatic decreases in their time frame for providing price quotes.2018
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- Data warehouse optimization is considered the most important big data analytics use case, and is considered critical or very important by 70 percent of businesses.
- 73 percent of businesses consider Spark SQL critical to their analytics strategies as a big data access method.
- The number of IT professionals using descriptive and predictive analytics grew from the mid-40th percentile to high 60th percentile between January 2018 and January 2019.
- People generate 2.5 quintillion bytes of data each day.
- The big data software market was worth $31 billion in 2018, growing 14 percent from the year before.
- More than 30 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their research and development departments
- 26 percent of businesses say data and analytics have significantly changed the nature of industry-wide competition.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- In 2025, the IoT data analyzed and used to change business processes will be as much as all of the data created in 2020.
- 36 percent of investment professionals use web scraping to derive data.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Improving Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) Scores with Data Management
- Six Reasons to Consider Power BI Premium
- Gender Equality in Technology: Come so Far, Got so Far to Go
- How to get started with Data Governance
- Part 1: How the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform transforms organization?
- Why choose Snowflake Cloud Data Platform?
- Automation Solutions Closes the Gap on Last Mile Delivery for Retailers
- Five ways Financial Services Can Benefit from Snowflake
- Snowflake Advantages
- Power BI Download Options: App vs MSI