98 percent of sales representatives at construction companies that adopt analytics and geographic data reported dramatic decreases in their time frame for providing price quotes.2018
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 53 percent of companies are adopting big data analytics
- Data-driven organizations are 23 times more likely to acquire customers, six times as likely to retain customers, and 19 times as likely to be profitable as a result.
- By 2025, 60% of the 163 zettabytes of existing data will be created and managed by enterprise organizations.
- The number of IT professionals using descriptive and predictive analytics grew from the mid-40th percentile to high 60th percentile between January 2018 and January 2019.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- 83 percent of enterprise executives say they’ve pursued big data projects to gain a competitive advantage.
- 79 percent of enterprise executives say that not embracing big data will cause companies to lose competitive position and risk extinction.
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
- Through 2019, 90% of large organizations will have hired a CDO, but only 50% will be considered a success.
- Nearly 50 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their sales and marketing departments.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future
- Enterprise Data Strategy: What is it? And why is it important?
- Managing the Organizational Dynamics
- Why Methodology Matters in Analytics
- Accelerating Data Initiatives for the Banking & Finance Industry
- Data Strategy Assessment: Current and Future State Analysis
- Finance Data Management & Governance Importance
- Gender Equality in Technology: Come so Far, Got so Far to Go
- Driving Power BI Adoption
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Use Cases for the Retail Industry