Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 8 percent of businesses say data and analytics have fundamentally changed the nature of industry-wide competition
- 53 percent of companies are adopting big data analytics
- Businesses that use big data saw a profit increase of 8–10 percent.
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use search trends to derive data.
- Data warehouse optimization is considered the most important big data analytics use case, and is considered critical or very important by 70 percent of businesses.
- Analytics leaders are nearly twice as likely as others to report enacting a long-term strategy to respond to changes in core business practices.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- 83 percent of enterprise executives say they’ve pursued big data projects to gain a competitive advantage.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Pitfalls to Avoid when implementing Health Information Exchange
- Gender Equality in Technology: Come so Far, Got so Far to Go
- Is Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) the “Prescribed Burn” that Healthcare Data Needs?
- Snowflake Delivers a Single Data Experience Across Multiple Platforms
- Uncovering the Best Practices for Master Data Management
- Exploring the Decomposition Tree Visual in Power BI
- Snowflake Best Practices for Data Warehouse Development
- Gaining executive buy-in through Data Governance
- The Open Banking Movement is Open for Business
- How to get started with Data Governance