Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 8 percent of businesses say data and analytics have fundamentally changed the nature of industry-wide competition
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- By 2025, the amount of the global datasphere subject to data analysis will grow by a factor of 50 to 5.2 zettabytes.
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
- 83 percent of enterprise executives say they’ve pursued big data projects to gain a competitive advantage.
- 70 percent of investment professionals use “alternative data” or plan to do so in the next year.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- 53 percent of companies are adopting big data analytics
- Insights-driven businesses are growing at an average of more than 30% each year, and by 2021, they are predicted to take $1.8 trillion annually from their less-informed peers.
- The number of IT professionals using descriptive and predictive analytics grew from the mid-40th percentile to high 60th percentile between January 2018 and January 2019.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Automation Solutions Closes the Gap on Last Mile Delivery for Retailers
- Winning strategies for Data Governance maturity
- Snowflake Delivers a Single Data Experience Across Multiple Platforms
- A Business Analyst View: Transforming Data Inventory into Rich Visuals
- Top 5 Benefits to Centralized Data
- Is Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) the “Prescribed Burn” that Healthcare Data Needs?
- Improving Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) Scores with Data Management
- Overview: The Tableau Suite of Products
- Snowflake Best Practices for Data Warehouse Development
- Exploring DEV / TEST / PROD Environments in Power BI