Web AnalyticsStatistical or machine learning methods applied to web data such as page views, hits, clicks, and conversions (sales), generally with a view to learning what web presentations are most effective in achieving the organizational goal (usually sales). This goal might be to sell products and services on a site, to serve and sell advertising space, to purchase advertising on other sites, or to collect contact information. Key challenges in web analytics are the volume and constant flow of data, and the navigational complexity and sometimes lengthy gaps that precede users’ relevant web decisions.
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- By 2025, more than a quarter of all data created will be real-time, with 95% of that data generated by the Internet of Things.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- 98 percent of sales representatives at construction companies that adopt analytics and geographic data reported dramatic decreases in their time frame for providing price quotes.
- Only 7% of marketers surveyed report that they are currently effectively able to deliver real-time, data-driven marketing engagements across both physical and digital touchpoints.
- 21 percent of investment professionals use web traffic to derive data.
- Analytics leaders are nearly twice as likely as others to report enacting a long-term strategy to respond to changes in core business practices.
- By 2025, IDC predicts that the total amount of digital data created worldwide will rise to 163 zettabytes, ballooned by the growing number of devices and sensors
- The worldwide big data market is projected to grow from $42 billion in 2018 to $103 billion in 2027.
- Businesses that use big data saw a profit increase of 8–10 percent.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use expert networks to derive data.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- 5 Reasons Snowflake is The Best Financial Data Platform
- Top 5 Benefits to Centralized Data
- Master Data Management Best Practices
- What is a Data Strategy & Why is it Important?
- Five Questions You Need To Answer To Get The Most Out Of Power BI
- Interoperability in Healthcare: A Patient-First Framework
- The Value of Data Management
- A 360-Degree Customer View: Personalizing the Consumer Journey
- Finance Data Management & Governance Importance
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future