Through 2019, 90% of large organizations will have hired a CDO, but only 50% will be considered a success.2017
Smarter with Gartner: Keys to Success for Chief Data Officers
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 29 percent of investment professionals use search trends to derive data.
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
- More than 150 zettabytes (150 trillion gigabytes) of data will need analysis by 2025.
- Only 16% of organizations can currently say that 75% or more of their employees have access to company data and analytics.
- Data warehouse optimization is considered the most important big data analytics use case, and is considered critical or very important by 70 percent of businesses.
- Content analytics usage among IT professionals increased from 43 percent to 54 percent between January 2018 and January 2019.
- Analytics leaders are nearly twice as likely as others to report enacting a long-term strategy to respond to changes in core business practices.
- Data-driven organizations are 23 times more likely to acquire customers, six times as likely to retain customers, and 19 times as likely to be profitable as a result.
- 60 percent of businesses believe it is harder to source talent for data and analytics positions than for any other roles
- Through 2019, 90% of large organizations will have hired a CDO, but only 50% will be considered a success.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Overcoming common Enterprise Data Governance challenges
- Improving Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) Scores with Data Management
- Winning strategies for Data Governance maturity
- Snowflake Best Practices for Data Warehouse Development
- Exploring DEV / TEST / PROD Environments in Power BI
- Implementing a Proof of Concept (POC) Approach
- Enterprise Data Strategy: What is it? And why is it important?
- Exporting DATA from Tableau to Excel
- Implementation Fundamentals of Master Data Management
- How Healthcare Payers can breakdown their Data Silos