Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- The big data industry will be worth an estimated $77 billion by 2023.
- People generate 2.5 quintillion bytes of data each day.
- 98 percent of sales representatives at construction companies that adopt analytics and geographic data reported dramatic decreases in their time frame for providing price quotes.
- In the banking sector, investments in big data analytics were estimated at $20.8 billion in 2016.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use search trends to derive data.
- Data warehouse optimization is considered the most important big data analytics use case, and is considered critical or very important by 70 percent of businesses.
- The number of IT professionals using descriptive and predictive analytics grew from the mid-40th percentile to high 60th percentile between January 2018 and January 2019.
- The amount of data generated each second in the banking sector will grow 700 percent by 2020.
- 8 percent of businesses say data and analytics have fundamentally changed the nature of industry-wide competition
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Retail Predictive Analytics Improve Business Outcomes
- The Value of Data Management
- Snowflake Data Warehouse Advantages
- Snowflake Delivers a Single Data Experience Across Multiple Platforms
- Women in Technology: It’s Time We Stand Up for What’s Right
- How Healthcare Payers can breakdown their Data Silos
- Power BI Download Options: App vs MSI
- Snowflake Data Warehouse Best Practices
- Snowflake Best Practices For Optimal Performance
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Use Cases for the Retail Industry