The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.2017
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 62 percent of retail businesses see competitive advantages from information and analytics.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- The big data industry will be worth an estimated $77 billion by 2023.
- By 2025, the amount of the global datasphere subject to data analysis will grow by a factor of 50 to 5.2 zettabytes.
- Data-driven organizations are 23 times more likely to acquire customers, six times as likely to retain customers, and 19 times as likely to be profitable as a result.
- 8 percent of businesses say data and analytics have fundamentally changed the nature of industry-wide competition
- Analytics leaders are nearly twice as likely as others to report enacting a long-term strategy to respond to changes in core business practices.
- 53 percent of CEOs consider themselves the primary leader of their company’s analytics agenda.
- By 2025, IDC predicts that the total amount of digital data created worldwide will rise to 163 zettabytes, ballooned by the growing number of devices and sensors
- The big data software market was worth $31 billion in 2018, growing 14 percent from the year before.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Snowflake Advantages
- Scrum Master Best Practices to Accelerate Data Projects
- The Benefits of Data Lakes for Financial Services
- Five ways Financial Services Can Benefit from Snowflake
- Winning strategies for Data Governance maturity
- Exporting DATA from Tableau to Excel
- Predictive Analytics Improve Business Outcomes for Retailers
- Accelerating Data Initiatives for the Banking & Finance Industry
- Predictive Analytics can help reduce your Data Decay
- A 360-Degree Customer View: Personalizing the Consumer Journey