Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- By 2025, the amount of the global datasphere subject to data analysis will grow by a factor of 50 to 5.2 zettabytes.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- 8 percent of businesses say data and analytics have fundamentally changed the nature of industry-wide competition
- The number of IT professionals using descriptive and predictive analytics grew from the mid-40th percentile to high 60th percentile between January 2018 and January 2019.
- Only 16% of organizations can currently say that 75% or more of their employees have access to company data and analytics.
- By 2025, more than a quarter of all data created will be real-time, with 95% of that data generated by the Internet of Things.
- 53 percent of companies are adopting big data analytics
- 83 percent of enterprise executives say they’ve pursued big data projects to gain a competitive advantage.
- 36 percent of investment professionals use web scraping to derive data.
- Data-driven organizations are 23 times more likely to acquire customers, six times as likely to retain customers, and 19 times as likely to be profitable as a result.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- The Value of Data Management
- Pitfalls to Avoid when implementing Health Information Exchange
- Finance Data Management & Governance Importance
- Overview: The Tableau Suite of Products
- Sharing a Power BI report within Teams
- Gender Equality in Technology: Come so Far, Got so Far to Go
- Self-Service Power BI with Shared Datasets
- Managing the Organizational Dynamics
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future
- The Benefits of Data Lakes for Financial Services