Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
- Nearly 50 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their sales and marketing departments.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- 90 percent of IT professionals plan to increase spending on BI tools.
- Through 2019, 90% of large organizations will have hired a CDO, but only 50% will be considered a success.
- 14 percent of investment professionals use credit card and POS software data to derive data.
- 98 percent of sales representatives at construction companies that adopt analytics and geographic data reported dramatic decreases in their time frame for providing price quotes.
- Insights-driven businesses are growing at an average of more than 30% each year, and by 2021, they are predicted to take $1.8 trillion annually from their less-informed peers.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use expert networks to derive data.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Managing the Organizational Dynamics
- The Value of Data Management
- Gaining executive buy-in through Data Governance
- Is Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) the “Prescribed Burn” that Healthcare Data Needs?
- The Value of Data Integration
- Data Governance: Lessons learned for best practices
- A Business Analyst View: Transforming Data Inventory into Rich Visuals
- Six Reasons to Consider Power BI Premium
- Improving Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) Scores with Data Management
- How to Build a Data Strategy Roadmap