Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- Businesses that use big data saw a profit increase of 8–10 percent.
- More than 150 zettabytes (150 trillion gigabytes) of data will need analysis by 2025.
- In the banking sector, investments in big data analytics were estimated at $20.8 billion in 2016.
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
- 36 percent of investment professionals use web scraping to derive data.
- 90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals currently say data and analytics are key to their organization’s digital transformation initiatives.
- 40 percent of businesses say they need to manage unstructured data on a frequent basis.
- 90 percent of the world’s data was created between 2015 and 2016 alone.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use search trends to derive data.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Data Strategy Assessment: Current and Future State Analysis
- How to Build a Data Strategy Roadmap
- The Benefits of Data Lakes for Financial Services
- Women In Tech: Getting Hired in Technology Roles
- Why Methodology Matters in Analytics
- Is Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) the “Prescribed Burn” that Healthcare Data Needs?
- Implementing Power BI Report Usage Metrics
- Scrum Master Best Practices to Accelerate Data Projects
- The Benefits of Data Warehousing in Finance
- Data Solutions that Improve Risk Management for Banks