TerabyteA relatively large unit of digital data, one Terabyte (TB) equals 1,000 Gigabytes. It has been estimated that 10 Terabytes could hold the entire printed collection of the U.S. Library of Congress, while a single TB could hold 1,000 copies of the Encyclopedia Brittanica.
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- Only 16% of organizations can currently say that 75% or more of their employees have access to company data and analytics.
- Businesses that use big data saw a 10 percent reduction in overall cost.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- 90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals currently say data and analytics are key to their organization’s digital transformation initiatives.
- Analytics leaders are nearly twice as likely as others to report enacting a long-term strategy to respond to changes in core business practices.
- 45 percent of companies run at least some big data workloads in the cloud.
- 62 percent of retail businesses see competitive advantages from information and analytics.
- By 2025, the amount of the global datasphere subject to data analysis will grow by a factor of 50 to 5.2 zettabytes.
- 14 percent of investment professionals use credit card and POS software data to derive data.
- Content analytics usage among IT professionals increased from 43 percent to 54 percent between January 2018 and January 2019.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Snowflake Delivers a Single Data Experience Across Multiple Platforms
- Implementing Power BI Report Usage Metrics
- Winning strategies for Data Governance maturity
- Snowflake Data Warehouse Advantages
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Use Cases for the Retail Industry
- The Open Banking Movement is Open for Business
- Power BI Download Options: App vs MSI
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future
- A Business Analyst View: Transforming Data Inventory into Rich Visuals
- Women in Technology: It’s Time We Stand Up for What’s Right