Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- In the banking sector, investments in big data analytics were estimated at $20.8 billion in 2016.
- 83 percent of enterprise executives say they’ve pursued big data projects to gain a competitive advantage.
- 98 percent of sales representatives at construction companies that adopt analytics and geographic data reported dramatic decreases in their time frame for providing price quotes.
- Insights-driven businesses are growing at an average of more than 30% each year, and by 2021, they are predicted to take $1.8 trillion annually from their less-informed peers.
- Nearly 50 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their sales and marketing departments.
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
- 26 percent of businesses say data and analytics have significantly changed the nature of industry-wide competition.
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
- By 2020, there will be 2.7 million job postings for data science and analytics roles.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Use Cases for the Retail Industry
- Automation Solutions Closes the Gap on Last Mile Delivery for Retailers
- A 360-Degree Customer View: Personalizing the Consumer Journey
- Part 2: How the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform transforms organization?
- Snowflake Delivers a Single Data Experience Across Multiple Platforms
- Women in Technology: It’s Time We Stand Up for What’s Right
- Five Questions You Need To Answer To Get The Most Out Of Power BI
- Improving Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) Scores with Data Management
- Why do you need a Data Strategy now more than ever?
- Overcoming common Enterprise Data Governance challenges