Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- Businesses that use big data saw a 10 percent reduction in overall cost.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use search trends to derive data.
- Through 2019, 90% of large organizations will have hired a CDO, but only 50% will be considered a success.
- Data warehouse optimization is considered the most important big data analytics use case, and is considered critical or very important by 70 percent of businesses.
- 40 percent of businesses say they need to manage unstructured data on a frequent basis.
- 21 percent of investment professionals use web traffic to derive data.
- In the banking sector, investments in big data analytics were estimated at $20.8 billion in 2016.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- The big data software market was worth $31 billion in 2018, growing 14 percent from the year before.
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Snowflake Advantages
- Pitfalls to Avoid when implementing Health Information Exchange
- Sharing a Power BI report within Teams
- The Importance of Data Strategy in 2023
- Data Governance: A Banking & Finance necessity, not a luxury
- Why Methodology Matters in Analytics
- The Value of Data Management
- Enterprise Data Strategy: What is it? And why is it important?
- Launching A Master Data Management Program: The Keys to Success
- Surprise! Payers’ Data Struggles with the No Surprises Act