Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- Content analytics usage among IT professionals increased from 43 percent to 54 percent between January 2018 and January 2019.
- 79 percent of enterprise executives say that not embracing big data will cause companies to lose competitive position and risk extinction.
- By 2020, there will be 2.7 million job postings for data science and analytics roles.
- 95 percent of businesses need to manage unstructured data.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use expert networks to derive data.
- The big data software market was worth $31 billion in 2018, growing 14 percent from the year before.
- 26 percent of businesses say data and analytics have significantly changed the nature of industry-wide competition.
- 40 percent of businesses say they need to manage unstructured data on a frequent basis.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Data Offense or Data Defense: Flexibility vs Control
- Scrum Master Best Practices to Accelerate Data Projects
- Is Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) the “Prescribed Burn” that Healthcare Data Needs?
- Snowflake Data Warehouse Best Practices
- Winning strategies for Data Governance maturity
- Snowflake Data Warehouse Advantages
- Snowflake Best Practices For Optimal Performance
- Sharing a Power BI report within Teams
- Exporting DATA from Tableau to Excel
- Gaining executive buy-in through Data Governance