Operational Data Store (ODS)It is defined as a location to collect and store data retrieved from various sources. It allows users to perform many additional operations on the data before it is sent for reporting to the data warehouse.
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- The big data software market was worth $31 billion in 2018, growing 14 percent from the year before.
- By 2020, there will be 2.7 million job postings for data science and analytics roles.
- 60 percent of businesses believe it is harder to source talent for data and analytics positions than for any other roles
- In the banking sector, investments in big data analytics were estimated at $20.8 billion in 2016.
- Businesses that use big data saw a profit increase of 8–10 percent.
- 45 percent of companies run at least some big data workloads in the cloud.
- In 2025, the IoT data analyzed and used to change business processes will be as much as all of the data created in 2020.
- 14 percent of investment professionals use credit card and POS software data to derive data.
- 70 percent of investment professionals use “alternative data” or plan to do so in the next year.
- By 2025, 60% of the 163 zettabytes of existing data will be created and managed by enterprise organizations.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future
- Top 5 Benefits to Centralized Data
- Gaining executive buy-in through Data Governance
- Snowflake ETL vs. ELT
- Accelerating Data Initiatives for the Banking & Finance Industry
- Women in Technology: It’s Time We Stand Up for What’s Right
- How to get started with Data Governance
- Power BI Reports vs. Dashboards
- Six Reasons to Consider Power BI Premium
- Surprise! Payers’ Data Struggles with the No Surprises Act