Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
- By 2025, more than a quarter of all data created will be real-time, with 95% of that data generated by the Internet of Things.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use expert networks to derive data.
- In 2025, the IoT data analyzed and used to change business processes will be as much as all of the data created in 2020.
- 55 percent of North American businesses have adopted big data analytics.
- People generate 2.5 quintillion bytes of data each day.
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
- Only 16% of organizations can currently say that 75% or more of their employees have access to company data and analytics.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Data Warehouse Business Requirements
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future
- Snowflake Best Practices For Optimal Performance
- Snowflake Delivers a Single Data Experience Across Multiple Platforms
- 5 Reasons Snowflake is The Best Financial Data Platform
- How to get started with Data Governance
- Six Reasons to Consider Power BI Premium
- How to Build a Data Strategy Roadmap
- Snowflake Data Warehouse Best Practices
- Launching A Master Data Management Program: The Keys to Success