Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 53 percent of companies are adopting big data analytics
- 90 percent of the world’s data was created between 2015 and 2016 alone.
- People generate 2.5 quintillion bytes of data each day.
- More than 30 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their research and development departments
- The number of IT professionals using descriptive and predictive analytics grew from the mid-40th percentile to high 60th percentile between January 2018 and January 2019.
- 73 percent of businesses consider Spark SQL critical to their analytics strategies as a big data access method.
- 55 percent of North American businesses have adopted big data analytics.
- 60 percent of businesses believe it is harder to source talent for data and analytics positions than for any other roles
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
- 83 percent of enterprise executives say they’ve pursued big data projects to gain a competitive advantage.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Accelerating Data Initiatives for the Banking & Finance Industry
- Snowflake Best Practices for Data Warehouse Development
- Driving Power BI Adoption
- How to get started with Data Governance
- Predictive Analytics Improve Business Outcomes for Retailers
- Implementing a Proof of Concept (POC) Approach
- Data Offense or Data Defense: Flexibility vs Control
- Five ways Financial Services Can Benefit from Snowflake
- Why do you need a Data Strategy now more than ever?
- Snowflake ELT vs. ETL