Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)It is the process by which analysis of multidimensional data is done by using three operators – drill-down, consolidation, and slice and dice. Drill-down is the capability provided to users to view underlying details Consolidation is the aggregate of available Slice and dice is the capability provided to users for selecting subsets and viewing them from various contexts
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 73 percent of businesses consider Spark SQL critical to their analytics strategies as a big data access method.
- 70 percent of investment professionals use “alternative data” or plan to do so in the next year.
- 8 percent of businesses say data and analytics have fundamentally changed the nature of industry-wide competition
- 53 percent of companies are adopting big data analytics
- By 2025, IDC predicts that the total amount of digital data created worldwide will rise to 163 zettabytes, ballooned by the growing number of devices and sensors
- 90 percent of IT professionals plan to increase spending on BI tools.
- The big data software market was worth $31 billion in 2018, growing 14 percent from the year before.
- Only 7% of marketers surveyed report that they are currently effectively able to deliver real-time, data-driven marketing engagements across both physical and digital touchpoints.
- 90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals currently say data and analytics are key to their organization’s digital transformation initiatives.
- 21 percent of investment professionals use web traffic to derive data.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- The Benefits of Data Lakes for Financial Services
- Managing the Organizational Dynamics
- A Business Analyst View: Transforming Data Inventory into Rich Visuals
- Women In Tech: Getting Hired in Technology Roles
- Overview: The Tableau Suite of Products
- Snowflake Best Practices For Optimal Performance
- Exploring DEV / TEST / PROD Environments in Power BI
- Automation Solutions Closes the Gap on Last Mile Delivery for Retailers
- Don’t Let Technical Debt Bankrupt Your Data Foundation
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future