Multi-Dimensional DatabasesA database optimized for data online analytical processing (OLAP) applications and for data warehousing.Just in case you are wondering about data warehouses, it is nothing but a central repository of data multiple data sources.
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- By 2020, there will be 2.7 million job postings for data science and analytics roles.
- 30 percent of businesses consider the Spark software framework critical to their big data analytics strategies.
- 95 percent of businesses need to manage unstructured data.
- 53 percent of CEOs consider themselves the primary leader of their company’s analytics agenda.
- 55 percent of North American businesses have adopted big data analytics.
- Businesses that use big data saw a 10 percent reduction in overall cost.
- 90 percent of IT professionals plan to increase spending on BI tools.
- 90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals currently say data and analytics are key to their organization’s digital transformation initiatives.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- In the banking sector, investments in big data analytics were estimated at $20.8 billion in 2016.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Data Modeling Best Practices
- Data Governance: Lessons learned for best practices
- The Benefits of Data Warehousing in Finance
- Exploring the Decomposition Tree Visual in Power BI
- The Value of Data Management
- Power BI Download Options: App vs MSI
- Data Warehouse Business Requirements
- Data Offense or Data Defense: Flexibility vs Control
- Driving Power BI Adoption
- Sharing a Power BI report within Teams