More than 30 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their research and development departments2018
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- Businesses that use big data saw a profit increase of 8–10 percent.
- The worldwide big data market is projected to grow from $42 billion in 2018 to $103 billion in 2027.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use expert networks to derive data.
- Content analytics usage among IT professionals increased from 43 percent to 54 percent between January 2018 and January 2019.
- 30 percent of businesses consider the Spark software framework critical to their big data analytics strategies.
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
- 98 percent of sales representatives at construction companies that adopt analytics and geographic data reported dramatic decreases in their time frame for providing price quotes.
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
- By 2025, 60% of the 163 zettabytes of existing data will be created and managed by enterprise organizations.
- 21 percent of investment professionals use web traffic to derive data.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Implementation Fundamentals of Master Data Management
- Gaining executive buy-in through Data Governance
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future
- How to get started with Data Governance
- Managing the Organizational Dynamics
- Launching A Master Data Management Program: The Keys to Success
- Six Reasons to Consider Power BI Premium
- Snowflake Best Practices for Data Warehouse Development
- Part 1: How the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform transforms organization?
- Don’t Let Technical Debt Bankrupt Your Data Foundation