Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 73 percent of businesses consider Spark SQL critical to their analytics strategies as a big data access method.
- 30 percent of businesses consider the Spark software framework critical to their big data analytics strategies.
- More than 150 zettabytes (150 trillion gigabytes) of data will need analysis by 2025.
- 45 percent of companies run at least some big data workloads in the cloud.
- More than 30 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their research and development departments
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
- 60 percent of businesses believe it is harder to source talent for data and analytics positions than for any other roles
- 70 percent of investment professionals use “alternative data” or plan to do so in the next year.
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
- In the banking sector, investments in big data analytics were estimated at $20.8 billion in 2016.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Part 1: How the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform transforms organization?
- Improving Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) Scores with Data Management
- Part 2: How the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform transforms organization?
- How Healthcare Payers can breakdown their Data Silos
- Overview: The Tableau Suite of Products
- Accelerating Data Initiatives for the Banking & Finance Industry
- Automation Solutions Closes the Gap on Last Mile Delivery for Retailers
- The Benefits of Data Lakes for Financial Services
- Gender Equality in Technology: Come so Far, Got so Far to Go
- Why choose Snowflake Cloud Data Platform?