Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 90 percent of the world’s data was created between 2015 and 2016 alone.
- 53 percent of companies are adopting big data analytics
- 55 percent of North American businesses have adopted big data analytics.
- By 2025, 60% of the 163 zettabytes of existing data will be created and managed by enterprise organizations.
- 73 percent of businesses consider Spark SQL critical to their analytics strategies as a big data access method.
- 45 percent of companies run at least some big data workloads in the cloud.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- 60 percent of businesses believe it is harder to source talent for data and analytics positions than for any other roles
- By 2020, there will be 2.7 million job postings for data science and analytics roles.
- Analytics leaders are nearly twice as likely as others to report enacting a long-term strategy to respond to changes in core business practices.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Launching A Master Data Management Program: The Keys to Success
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Use Cases for the Retail Industry
- Power BI Download Options: App vs MSI
- Snowflake Best Practices For Optimal Performance
- Accelerating Data Initiatives for the Banking & Finance Industry
- A Business Analyst View: Transforming Data Inventory into Rich Visuals
- Top 5 Benefits to Centralized Data
- Women in Technology: It’s Time We Stand Up for What’s Right
- Data Warehouse Business Requirements
- Master Data Management Best Practices