Insights-driven businesses are growing at an average of more than 30% each year, and by 2021, they are predicted to take $1.8 trillion annually from their less-informed peers.2021
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 53 percent of CEOs consider themselves the primary leader of their company’s analytics agenda.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- Only 7% of marketers surveyed report that they are currently effectively able to deliver real-time, data-driven marketing engagements across both physical and digital touchpoints.
- Data-driven organizations are 23 times more likely to acquire customers, six times as likely to retain customers, and 19 times as likely to be profitable as a result.
- 55 percent of North American businesses have adopted big data analytics.
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
- The big data software market was worth $31 billion in 2018, growing 14 percent from the year before.
- 73 percent of businesses consider Spark SQL critical to their analytics strategies as a big data access method.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use search trends to derive data.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Women in Technology: It’s Time We Stand Up for What’s Right
- Six Reasons to Consider Power BI Premium
- Exploring DEV / TEST / PROD Environments in Power BI
- Data Governance: Lessons learned for best practices
- Accelerating Data Initiatives for the Banking & Finance Industry
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future
- Power BI Download Options: App vs MSI
- Is Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) the “Prescribed Burn” that Healthcare Data Needs?
- Winning strategies for Data Governance maturity
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Use Cases for the Retail Industry