Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- People generate 2.5 quintillion bytes of data each day.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use search trends to derive data.
- 98 percent of sales representatives at construction companies that adopt analytics and geographic data reported dramatic decreases in their time frame for providing price quotes.
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
- By 2025, 60% of the 163 zettabytes of existing data will be created and managed by enterprise organizations.
- 8 percent of businesses say data and analytics have fundamentally changed the nature of industry-wide competition
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
- 79 percent of enterprise executives say that not embracing big data will cause companies to lose competitive position and risk extinction.
- In the banking sector, investments in big data analytics were estimated at $20.8 billion in 2016.
- 90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals currently say data and analytics are key to their organization’s digital transformation initiatives.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Data Offense or Data Defense: Flexibility vs Control
- The Value of Data Management
- Accelerating Data Initiatives for the Banking & Finance Industry
- Why do you need a Data Strategy now more than ever?
- Women in Technology: It’s Time We Stand Up for What’s Right
- Exporting DATA from Tableau to Excel
- Implementing Power BI Report Usage Metrics
- Snowflake Delivers a Single Data Experience Across Multiple Platforms
- Uncovering the Best Practices for Master Data Management
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Use Cases for the Retail Industry