In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.2017
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 55 percent of North American businesses have adopted big data analytics.
- 26 percent of businesses say data and analytics have significantly changed the nature of industry-wide competition.
- Only 7% of marketers surveyed report that they are currently effectively able to deliver real-time, data-driven marketing engagements across both physical and digital touchpoints.
- 30 percent of businesses consider the Spark software framework critical to their big data analytics strategies.
- 40 percent of businesses say they need to manage unstructured data on a frequent basis.
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
- 70 percent of investment professionals use “alternative data” or plan to do so in the next year.
- More than 30 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their research and development departments
- Nearly 50 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their sales and marketing departments.
- 73 percent of businesses consider Spark SQL critical to their analytics strategies as a big data access method.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Winning strategies for Data Governance maturity
- Automation Solutions Closes the Gap on Last Mile Delivery for Retailers
- Improving Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) Scores with Data Management
- Implementation Fundamentals of Master Data Management
- Managing the Organizational Dynamics
- Snowflake’s Modern Platform Solves Data Challenges
- Overview: The Tableau Suite of Products
- Launching A Master Data Management Program: The Keys to Success
- Data Governance: A Banking & Finance necessity, not a luxury
- Pitfalls to Avoid when implementing Health Information Exchange