Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- 62 percent of retail businesses see competitive advantages from information and analytics.
- People generate 2.5 quintillion bytes of data each day.
- 70 percent of investment professionals use “alternative data” or plan to do so in the next year.
- 59 percent of executives say big data at their company would be improved through artificial intelligence (AI).
- 55 percent of North American businesses have adopted big data analytics.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use expert networks to derive data.
- Nearly 50 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their sales and marketing departments.
- Insights-driven businesses are growing at an average of more than 30% each year, and by 2021, they are predicted to take $1.8 trillion annually from their less-informed peers.
- 90 percent of IT professionals plan to increase spending on BI tools.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Data Governance: Lessons learned for best practices
- Is Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) the “Prescribed Burn” that Healthcare Data Needs?
- Self-Service Power BI with Shared Datasets
- Pitfalls to Avoid when implementing Health Information Exchange
- Automation Solutions Closes the Gap on Last Mile Delivery for Retailers
- Exporting DATA from Tableau to Excel
- Snowflake’s Modern Platform Solves Data Challenges
- Data Modeling is the Key to Success
- Driving Power BI Adoption
- Scrum Master Best Practices to Accelerate Data Projects