Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) is primary data storage layer used by Hadoop applications. It employs DataNode and NameNode architecture to implement distributed and Java-based file system which supplies high-performance access to data with high scalable Hadoop Clusters. It is designed to be highly fault-tolerant.
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- Only 16% of organizations can currently say that 75% or more of their employees have access to company data and analytics.
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
- By 2020, there will be 2.7 million job postings for data science and analytics roles.
- 55 percent of North American businesses have adopted big data analytics.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- Content analytics usage among IT professionals increased from 43 percent to 54 percent between January 2018 and January 2019.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use expert networks to derive data.
- The number of IT professionals using descriptive and predictive analytics grew from the mid-40th percentile to high 60th percentile between January 2018 and January 2019.
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
- 36 percent of investment professionals use web scraping to derive data.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Master Data Management Best Practices
- The Value of Data Integration
- Managing the Organizational Dynamics
- Overcoming common Enterprise Data Governance challenges
- Driving Power BI Adoption
- Snowflake Data Warehouse Advantages
- Gender Equality in Technology: Come so Far, Got so Far to Go
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Use Cases for the Retail Industry
- Launching A Master Data Management Program: The Keys to Success
- Five Questions You Need To Answer To Get The Most Out Of Power BI