Database Management System (DBMS)Database Management System is software that collects data and provides access to it in an organized layout. It creates and manages the database. DBMS provides programmers and users a well-organized process to create, update, retrieve, and manage data.
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 83 percent of enterprise executives say they’ve pursued big data projects to gain a competitive advantage.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use search trends to derive data.
- Insights-driven businesses are growing at an average of more than 30% each year, and by 2021, they are predicted to take $1.8 trillion annually from their less-informed peers.
- 70 percent of investment professionals use “alternative data” or plan to do so in the next year.
- Businesses that use big data saw a 10 percent reduction in overall cost.
- 53 percent of companies are adopting big data analytics
- The number of IT professionals using descriptive and predictive analytics grew from the mid-40th percentile to high 60th percentile between January 2018 and January 2019.
- 40 percent of businesses say they need to manage unstructured data on a frequent basis.
- 60 percent of businesses believe it is harder to source talent for data and analytics positions than for any other roles
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Use Cases for the Retail Industry
- Snowflake ETL vs. ELT
- Top 5 Benefits to Centralized Data
- Implementing a Proof of Concept (POC) Approach
- Data Strategy Assessment: Current and Future State Analysis
- Data Solutions that Improve Risk Management for Banks
- Data Offense or Data Defense: Flexibility vs Control
- Snowflake Delivers a Single Data Experience Across Multiple Platforms
- How to get started with Data Governance
- The Benefits of Data Lakes for Financial Services