Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 60 percent of businesses believe it is harder to source talent for data and analytics positions than for any other roles
- 62 percent of retail businesses see competitive advantages from information and analytics.
- Nearly 50 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their sales and marketing departments.
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
- Only 16% of organizations can currently say that 75% or more of their employees have access to company data and analytics.
- In the banking sector, investments in big data analytics were estimated at $20.8 billion in 2016.
- 90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals currently say data and analytics are key to their organization’s digital transformation initiatives.
- 59 percent of executives say big data at their company would be improved through artificial intelligence (AI).
- 79 percent of enterprise executives say that not embracing big data will cause companies to lose competitive position and risk extinction.
- 8 percent of businesses say data and analytics have fundamentally changed the nature of industry-wide competition
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Managing the Organizational Dynamics
- Self-Service Power BI with Shared Datasets
- Five ways Financial Services Can Benefit from Snowflake
- Women In Tech: Getting Hired in Technology Roles
- Why choose Snowflake Cloud Data Platform?
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future
- The Value of Data Integration
- Don’t Let Technical Debt Bankrupt Your Data Foundation
- Data Offense or Data Defense: Flexibility vs Control
- Snowflake Best Practices for Data Warehouse Development