Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- By 2025, IDC predicts that the total amount of digital data created worldwide will rise to 163 zettabytes, ballooned by the growing number of devices and sensors
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
- 73 percent of businesses consider Spark SQL critical to their analytics strategies as a big data access method.
- 30 percent of businesses consider the Spark software framework critical to their big data analytics strategies.
- Through 2019, 90% of large organizations will have hired a CDO, but only 50% will be considered a success.
- 36 percent of investment professionals use web scraping to derive data.
- 14 percent of investment professionals use credit card and POS software data to derive data.
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
- 98 percent of sales representatives at construction companies that adopt analytics and geographic data reported dramatic decreases in their time frame for providing price quotes.
- By 2025, 60% of the 163 zettabytes of existing data will be created and managed by enterprise organizations.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- The Value of Data Integration
- Predictive Analytics can help reduce your Data Decay
- Why Methodology Matters in Analytics
- Six Reasons to Consider Power BI Premium
- Launching A Master Data Management Program: The Keys to Success
- Implementation Fundamentals of Master Data Management
- Snowflake Advantages
- Five ways Financial Services Can Benefit from Snowflake
- Uncovering the Best Practices for Master Data Management
- Top 5 Benefits to Centralized Data