Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- In the banking sector, investments in big data analytics were estimated at $20.8 billion in 2016.
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
- Businesses that use big data saw a profit increase of 8–10 percent.
- 60 percent of businesses believe it is harder to source talent for data and analytics positions than for any other roles
- 45 percent of companies run at least some big data workloads in the cloud.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use search trends to derive data.
- 98 percent of sales representatives at construction companies that adopt analytics and geographic data reported dramatic decreases in their time frame for providing price quotes.
- 95 percent of businesses need to manage unstructured data.
- Through 2019, 90% of large organizations will have hired a CDO, but only 50% will be considered a success.
- 90 percent of the world’s data was created between 2015 and 2016 alone.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Data Warehouse Business Requirements
- Winning strategies for Data Governance maturity
- Overview: The Tableau Suite of Products
- Power BI Reports vs. Dashboards
- Gaining executive buy-in through Data Governance
- Power BI Download Options: App vs MSI
- Snowflake Best Practices For Optimal Performance
- Retail Predictive Analytics Improve Business Outcomes
- Automation Solutions Closes the Gap on Last Mile Delivery for Retailers
- Overcoming common Enterprise Data Governance challenges