Data miningThis term means different things in different contexts. To a lay person, it might mean the automated searching of large databases. To an analyst. it may refer to the collection of statistical and machine learning methods used with those databases (predictive modeling, clustering, recommendation systems, …)
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- In 2025, the IoT data analyzed and used to change business processes will be as much as all of the data created in 2020.
- 36 percent of investment professionals use web scraping to derive data.
- By 2025, 60% of the 163 zettabytes of existing data will be created and managed by enterprise organizations.
- By 2020, there will be 2.7 million job postings for data science and analytics roles.
- 95 percent of businesses need to manage unstructured data.
- 83 percent of enterprise executives say they’ve pursued big data projects to gain a competitive advantage.
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
- 90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals currently say data and analytics are key to their organization’s digital transformation initiatives.
- 8 percent of businesses say data and analytics have fundamentally changed the nature of industry-wide competition
- 30 percent of businesses consider the Spark software framework critical to their big data analytics strategies.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- 5 Reasons Snowflake is The Best Financial Data Platform
- Five Questions You Need To Answer To Get The Most Out Of Power BI
- A 360-Degree Customer View: Personalizing the Consumer Journey
- Why do you need a Data Strategy now more than ever?
- Sharing a Power BI report within Teams
- Exploring the Decomposition Tree Visual in Power BI
- Power BI Reports vs. Dashboards
- The Value of Data Management
- Women in Technology: It’s Time We Stand Up for What’s Right
- Master Data Management Best Practices