Data AnalystThe data analyst is responsible for collecting, processing, and performing statistical analysis of data. A data analyst discovers the ways how this data can be used to help the organization in making better business decisions. It is one of the big data terms that define a big data career. Data analyst works with end business users to define the types of the analytical report required in business.
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- Only 16% of organizations can currently say that 75% or more of their employees have access to company data and analytics.
- The big data industry will be worth an estimated $77 billion by 2023.
- 45 percent of companies run at least some big data workloads in the cloud.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- By 2020, there will be 2.7 million job postings for data science and analytics roles.
- The number of IT professionals using descriptive and predictive analytics grew from the mid-40th percentile to high 60th percentile between January 2018 and January 2019.
- 8 percent of businesses say data and analytics have fundamentally changed the nature of industry-wide competition
- 53 percent of companies are adopting big data analytics
- The amount of data generated each second in the banking sector will grow 700 percent by 2020.
- 70 percent of investment professionals use “alternative data” or plan to do so in the next year.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Retail Predictive Analytics Improve Business Outcomes
- Snowflake’s Modern Platform Solves Data Challenges
- Exploring the Decomposition Tree Visual in Power BI
- Mothers in Tech: Design your Own Work-Life Balance
- Accelerating Data Initiatives for the Banking & Finance Industry
- A Business Analyst View: Transforming Data Inventory into Rich Visuals
- Scrum Master Best Practices to Accelerate Data Projects
- Master Data Management Best Practices
- Overview: The Tableau Suite of Products
- Part 1: How the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform transforms organization?