Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.2017
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 90 percent of the world’s data was created between 2015 and 2016 alone.
- In the banking sector, investments in big data analytics were estimated at $20.8 billion in 2016.
- 45 percent of companies run at least some big data workloads in the cloud.
- By 2025, 60% of the 163 zettabytes of existing data will be created and managed by enterprise organizations.
- 73 percent of businesses consider Spark SQL critical to their analytics strategies as a big data access method.
- The big data software market was worth $31 billion in 2018, growing 14 percent from the year before.
- By 2020, there will be 2.7 million job postings for data science and analytics roles.
- By 2025, IDC predicts that the total amount of digital data created worldwide will rise to 163 zettabytes, ballooned by the growing number of devices and sensors
- 98 percent of sales representatives at construction companies that adopt analytics and geographic data reported dramatic decreases in their time frame for providing price quotes.
- Content analytics usage among IT professionals increased from 43 percent to 54 percent between January 2018 and January 2019.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Automation Solutions Closes the Gap on Last Mile Delivery for Retailers
- Uncovering the Best Practices for Master Data Management
- Managing the Organizational Dynamics
- Implementing a Proof of Concept (POC) Approach
- Part 2: How the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform transforms organization?
- How to Build a Data Strategy Roadmap
- Top 5 Benefits to Centralized Data
- Snowflake ELT vs. ETL
- Gaining executive buy-in through Data Governance
- Data Governance: Lessons learned for best practices