By 2025, more than a quarter of all data created will be real-time, with 95% of that data generated by the Internet of Things.2018
IDC Data Age 2025
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 98 percent of sales representatives at construction companies that adopt analytics and geographic data reported dramatic decreases in their time frame for providing price quotes.
- The big data software market was worth $31 billion in 2018, growing 14 percent from the year before.
- 21 percent of investment professionals use web traffic to derive data.
- People generate 2.5 quintillion bytes of data each day.
- By 2025, more than a quarter of all data created will be real-time, with 95% of that data generated by the Internet of Things.
- 60 percent of businesses believe it is harder to source talent for data and analytics positions than for any other roles
- 62 percent of retail businesses see competitive advantages from information and analytics.
- By 2025, 60% of the 163 zettabytes of existing data will be created and managed by enterprise organizations.
- 45 percent of companies run at least some big data workloads in the cloud.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use search trends to derive data.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Data Offense or Data Defense: Flexibility vs Control
- How to Build a Data Strategy Roadmap
- Don’t Let Technical Debt Bankrupt Your Data Foundation
- Winning strategies for Data Governance maturity
- A Business Analyst View: Transforming Data Inventory into Rich Visuals
- Top 5 Benefits to Centralized Data
- The Value of Data Integration
- Exporting DATA from Tableau to Excel
- Self-Service Power BI with Shared Datasets
- Surprise! Payers’ Data Struggles with the No Surprises Act