By 2025, IDC predicts that the total amount of digital data created worldwide will rise to 163 zettabytes, ballooned by the growing number of devices and sensors2018
IDC Data Age 2025
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 29 percent of investment professionals use search trends to derive data.
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
- 90 percent of the world’s data was created between 2015 and 2016 alone.
- People generate 2.5 quintillion bytes of data each day.
- By 2020, there will be 2.7 million job postings for data science and analytics roles.
- The worldwide big data market is projected to grow from $42 billion in 2018 to $103 billion in 2027.
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
- Through 2019, 90% of large organizations will have hired a CDO, but only 50% will be considered a success.
- 30 percent of businesses consider the Spark software framework critical to their big data analytics strategies.
- 62 percent of retail businesses see competitive advantages from information and analytics.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Why do you need a Data Strategy now more than ever?
- Exporting DATA from Tableau to Excel
- Managing the Organizational Dynamics
- Top 5 performance best practices with Snowflake
- A 360-Degree Customer View: Personalizing the Consumer Journey
- Why Methodology Matters in Analytics
- Implementing a Proof of Concept (POC) Approach
- Overcoming common Enterprise Data Governance challenges
- Exploring the Decomposition Tree Visual in Power BI
- Self-Service Power BI with Shared Datasets