Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 26 percent of businesses say data and analytics have significantly changed the nature of industry-wide competition.
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
- Nearly 50 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their sales and marketing departments.
- 90 percent of the world’s data was created between 2015 and 2016 alone.
- Only 16% of organizations can currently say that 75% or more of their employees have access to company data and analytics.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use search trends to derive data.
- 55 percent of North American businesses have adopted big data analytics.
- The number of IT professionals using descriptive and predictive analytics grew from the mid-40th percentile to high 60th percentile between January 2018 and January 2019.
- The amount of data generated each second in the banking sector will grow 700 percent by 2020.
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Managing the Organizational Dynamics
- Exploring DEV / TEST / PROD Environments in Power BI
- Why choose Snowflake Cloud Data Platform?
- Data Offense or Data Defense: Flexibility vs Control
- Overcoming common Enterprise Data Governance challenges
- The Open Banking Movement is Open for Business
- 5 Reasons Snowflake is The Best Financial Data Platform
- How to get started with Data Governance
- Power BI Reports vs. Dashboards
- Gaining executive buy-in through Data Governance