Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- By 2025, the amount of the global datasphere subject to data analysis will grow by a factor of 50 to 5.2 zettabytes.
- Content analytics usage among IT professionals increased from 43 percent to 54 percent between January 2018 and January 2019.
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
- 21 percent of investment professionals use web traffic to derive data.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use expert networks to derive data.
- More than 30 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their research and development departments
- 26 percent of businesses say data and analytics have significantly changed the nature of industry-wide competition.
- 70 percent of investment professionals use “alternative data” or plan to do so in the next year.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- 79 percent of enterprise executives say that not embracing big data will cause companies to lose competitive position and risk extinction.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- How to Build a Data Strategy Roadmap
- Data Offense or Data Defense: Flexibility vs Control
- Why do you need a Data Strategy now more than ever?
- Predictive Analytics can help reduce your Data Decay
- Managing the Organizational Dynamics
- Implementing Power BI Report Usage Metrics
- Power BI Reports vs. Dashboards
- Women in Technology: It’s Time We Stand Up for What’s Right
- Driving Power BI Adoption
- Launching A Master Data Management Program: The Keys to Success