Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
- By 2025, 60% of the 163 zettabytes of existing data will be created and managed by enterprise organizations.
- 70 percent of investment professionals use “alternative data” or plan to do so in the next year.
- 90 percent of the world’s data was created between 2015 and 2016 alone.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- More than 30 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their research and development departments
- 30 percent of businesses consider the Spark software framework critical to their big data analytics strategies.
- Insights-driven businesses are growing at an average of more than 30% each year, and by 2021, they are predicted to take $1.8 trillion annually from their less-informed peers.
- 26 percent of businesses say data and analytics have significantly changed the nature of industry-wide competition.
- Analytics leaders are nearly twice as likely as others to report enacting a long-term strategy to respond to changes in core business practices.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Five ways Financial Services Can Benefit from Snowflake
- Automation Solutions Closes the Gap on Last Mile Delivery for Retailers
- The Value of Data Integration
- Part 2: How the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform transforms organization?
- Sharing a Power BI report within Teams
- Data Modeling is the Key to Success
- Snowflake Delivers a Single Data Experience Across Multiple Platforms
- Women In Tech: Getting Hired in Technology Roles
- Don’t Let Technical Debt Bankrupt Your Data Foundation
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future