AvroAvro is data serialization framework and a remote procedure call developed for Hadoop’s project. It uses JSON to define protocols and data types and then serializes data in binary form. Avro provides both: Serialization format for persistent data AND Wire format for communication between Hadoop nodes and from customer programs to Hadoop services.
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- In the banking sector, investments in big data analytics were estimated at $20.8 billion in 2016.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
- More than 150 zettabytes (150 trillion gigabytes) of data will need analysis by 2025.
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
- The amount of data generated each second in the banking sector will grow 700 percent by 2020.
- Businesses that use big data saw a profit increase of 8–10 percent.
- By 2020, there will be 2.7 million job postings for data science and analytics roles.
- The worldwide big data market is projected to grow from $42 billion in 2018 to $103 billion in 2027.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Launching A Master Data Management Program: The Keys to Success
- How Healthcare Payers can breakdown their Data Silos
- Data Offense or Data Defense: Flexibility vs Control
- The Open Banking Movement is Open for Business
- How to get started with Data Governance
- The Benefits of Data Lakes for Financial Services
- Women In Tech: Getting Hired in Technology Roles
- Don’t Let Technical Debt Bankrupt Your Data Foundation
- Exporting DATA from Tableau to Excel
- Finance Data Management & Governance Importance