Artificial Intelligence (AI)The popular Big Data term, Artificial Intelligence is the intelligence demonstrated by machines. AI is the development of computer systems to perform tasks normally having human intelligence such as speech recognition, visual perception, decision making and language translators etc.
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- More than 150 zettabytes (150 trillion gigabytes) of data will need analysis by 2025.
- 60 percent of businesses believe it is harder to source talent for data and analytics positions than for any other roles
- By 2025, more than a quarter of all data created will be real-time, with 95% of that data generated by the Internet of Things.
- Businesses that use big data saw a profit increase of 8–10 percent.
- 26 percent of businesses say data and analytics have significantly changed the nature of industry-wide competition.
- Only 7% of marketers surveyed report that they are currently effectively able to deliver real-time, data-driven marketing engagements across both physical and digital touchpoints.
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- 70 percent of investment professionals use “alternative data” or plan to do so in the next year.
- By 2020, there will be 2.7 million job postings for data science and analytics roles.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Retail Predictive Analytics Improve Business Outcomes
- The Value of Data Management
- Snowflake Best Practices For Optimal Performance
- Overcoming common Enterprise Data Governance challenges
- Snowflake Delivers a Single Data Experience Across Multiple Platforms
- Snowflake’s Modern Platform Solves Data Challenges
- Enterprise Data Strategy: What is it? And why is it important?
- Power BI Download Options: App vs MSI
- Data Governance: Lessons learned for best practices
- Driving Power BI Adoption