Area ChartAn area chart is basically a line chart, but the space between the x-axis and the line is filled with a color or pattern. It is useful for showing part-to-whole relations, such as showing individual sales reps’ contribution to total sales for a year. It helps you analyze both overall and individual trend information.
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 90 percent of IT professionals plan to increase spending on BI tools.
- 90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals currently say data and analytics are key to their organization’s digital transformation initiatives.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- Data-driven organizations are 23 times more likely to acquire customers, six times as likely to retain customers, and 19 times as likely to be profitable as a result.
- 70 percent of investment professionals use “alternative data” or plan to do so in the next year.
- The amount of data generated each second in the banking sector will grow 700 percent by 2020.
- 36 percent of investment professionals use web scraping to derive data.
- 53 percent of companies are adopting big data analytics
- The worldwide big data market is projected to grow from $42 billion in 2018 to $103 billion in 2027.
- In the banking sector, investments in big data analytics were estimated at $20.8 billion in 2016.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- How to get started with Data Governance
- Data Strategy Assessment: Current and Future State Analysis
- Women in Technology: It’s Time We Stand Up for What’s Right
- Retail Predictive Analytics Improve Business Outcomes
- Data Offense or Data Defense: Flexibility vs Control
- Finance Data Management & Governance Importance
- Enterprise Data Strategy: What is it? And why is it important?
- The Value of Data Integration
- Launching A Master Data Management Program: The Keys to Success
- Snowflake ETL vs. ELT