Apache SparkThe University of California, Berkeley’s AMP Lab, developed Apache in 2009. Apache Spark is a fast large-scale data processing engine and executes applications in Hadoop clusters 100 times faster in memory and 10 times faster on disk. Spark is built on data science and its concept makes data science effortless. Spark is also popular for data pipelines and machine learning models development. Spark also includes a library – MLlib, that provides a progressive set of machine algorithms for repetitive data science techniques like Classification, Regression, Collaborative Filtering, Clustering, etc.
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- Content analytics usage among IT professionals increased from 43 percent to 54 percent between January 2018 and January 2019.
- By 2025, IDC predicts that the total amount of digital data created worldwide will rise to 163 zettabytes, ballooned by the growing number of devices and sensors
- 53 percent of CEOs consider themselves the primary leader of their company’s analytics agenda.
- 98 percent of sales representatives at construction companies that adopt analytics and geographic data reported dramatic decreases in their time frame for providing price quotes.
- More than 30 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their research and development departments
- 8 percent of businesses say data and analytics have fundamentally changed the nature of industry-wide competition
- 30 percent of businesses consider the Spark software framework critical to their big data analytics strategies.
- 90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals currently say data and analytics are key to their organization’s digital transformation initiatives.
- 79 percent of enterprise executives say that not embracing big data will cause companies to lose competitive position and risk extinction.
- 26 percent of businesses say data and analytics have significantly changed the nature of industry-wide competition.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Master Data Management Best Practices
- How to Build a Data Strategy Roadmap
- Power BI Download Options: App vs MSI
- Launching A Master Data Management Program: The Keys to Success
- 5 Reasons Snowflake is The Best Financial Data Platform
- Implementation Fundamentals of Master Data Management
- Women in Technology: It’s Time We Stand Up for What’s Right
- Scrum Master Best Practices to Accelerate Data Projects
- Data Solutions that Improve Risk Management for Banks
- Predictive Analytics can help reduce your Data Decay