Apache Drill, Apache Impala, Apache Spark SQLAll these provide quick and interactive SQL like interactions with Apache Hadoop data. These are useful if you already know SQL and work with data stored in big data format (i.e. HBase or HDFS). Sorry for being little geeky here.
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- Insights-driven businesses are growing at an average of more than 30% each year, and by 2021, they are predicted to take $1.8 trillion annually from their less-informed peers.
- 59 percent of executives say big data at their company would be improved through artificial intelligence (AI).
- The amount of data generated each second in the banking sector will grow 700 percent by 2020.
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
- Through 2019, 90% of large organizations will have hired a CDO, but only 50% will be considered a success.
- In the banking sector, investments in big data analytics were estimated at $20.8 billion in 2016.
- 73 percent of businesses consider Spark SQL critical to their analytics strategies as a big data access method.
- 95 percent of businesses need to manage unstructured data.
- 90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals currently say data and analytics are key to their organization’s digital transformation initiatives.
- Nearly 50 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their sales and marketing departments.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Retail Predictive Analytics Improve Business Outcomes
- Winning strategies for Data Governance maturity
- Why Methodology Matters in Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Use Cases for the Retail Industry
- Data Solutions that Improve Risk Management for Banks
- Overview: The Tableau Suite of Products
- Data Offense or Data Defense: Flexibility vs Control
- Interoperability in Healthcare: A Patient-First Framework
- The Benefits of Data Warehousing in Finance
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future