Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- The amount of data generated each second in the banking sector will grow 700 percent by 2020.
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
- Analytics leaders are nearly twice as likely as others to report enacting a long-term strategy to respond to changes in core business practices.
- The worldwide big data market is projected to grow from $42 billion in 2018 to $103 billion in 2027.
- 55 percent of North American businesses have adopted big data analytics.
- Data warehouse optimization is considered the most important big data analytics use case, and is considered critical or very important by 70 percent of businesses.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- Businesses that use big data saw a 10 percent reduction in overall cost.
- The big data industry will be worth an estimated $77 billion by 2023.
- Content analytics usage among IT professionals increased from 43 percent to 54 percent between January 2018 and January 2019.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Accelerating Data Initiatives for the Banking & Finance Industry
- Data Solutions that Improve Risk Management for Banks
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future
- Data Strategy Assessment: Current and Future State Analysis
- Power BI Download Options: App vs MSI
- Scrum Master Best Practices to Accelerate Data Projects
- Data Offense or Data Defense: Flexibility vs Control
- Snowflake’s Modern Platform Solves Data Challenges
- 5 Reasons Snowflake is The Best Financial Data Platform
- Interoperability in Healthcare: A Patient-First Framework