Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- Insights-driven businesses are growing at an average of more than 30% each year, and by 2021, they are predicted to take $1.8 trillion annually from their less-informed peers.
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
- By 2020, there will be 2.7 million job postings for data science and analytics roles.
- 45 percent of companies run at least some big data workloads in the cloud.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use expert networks to derive data.
- The number of IT professionals using descriptive and predictive analytics grew from the mid-40th percentile to high 60th percentile between January 2018 and January 2019.
- 95 percent of businesses need to manage unstructured data.
- 62 percent of retail businesses see competitive advantages from information and analytics.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Implementing a Proof of Concept (POC) Approach
- How Healthcare Payers can breakdown their Data Silos
- Top 5 performance best practices with Snowflake
- Interoperability in Healthcare: A Patient-First Framework
- Data Solutions that Improve Risk Management for Banks
- Why do you need a Data Strategy now more than ever?
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future
- Gender Equality in Technology: Come so Far, Got so Far to Go
- Exporting DATA from Tableau to Excel
- Snowflake Delivers a Single Data Experience Across Multiple Platforms