Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- The big data software market was worth $31 billion in 2018, growing 14 percent from the year before.
- Data-driven organizations are 23 times more likely to acquire customers, six times as likely to retain customers, and 19 times as likely to be profitable as a result.
- 83 percent of enterprise executives say they’ve pursued big data projects to gain a competitive advantage.
- Data warehouse optimization is considered the most important big data analytics use case, and is considered critical or very important by 70 percent of businesses.
- Analytics leaders are nearly twice as likely as others to report enacting a long-term strategy to respond to changes in core business practices.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- By 2025, 60% of the 163 zettabytes of existing data will be created and managed by enterprise organizations.
- In the banking sector, investments in big data analytics were estimated at $20.8 billion in 2016.
- People generate 2.5 quintillion bytes of data each day.
- Businesses that use big data saw a 10 percent reduction in overall cost.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Automation Solutions Closes the Gap on Last Mile Delivery for Retailers
- Pitfalls to Avoid when implementing Health Information Exchange
- Why do you need a Data Strategy now more than ever?
- Winning strategies for Data Governance maturity
- The Benefits of Data Warehousing in Finance
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future
- Predictive Analytics can help reduce your Data Decay
- Managing the Organizational Dynamics
- Enterprise Data Strategy: What is it? And why is it important?
- Power BI Reports vs. Dashboards