90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals currently say data and analytics are key to their organization’s digital transformation initiatives.2018
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- Analytics leaders are nearly twice as likely as others to report enacting a long-term strategy to respond to changes in core business practices.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- In the banking sector, investments in big data analytics were estimated at $20.8 billion in 2016.
- 90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals currently say data and analytics are key to their organization’s digital transformation initiatives.
- 95 percent of businesses need to manage unstructured data.
- 21 percent of investment professionals use web traffic to derive data.
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
- 53 percent of companies are adopting big data analytics
- 79 percent of enterprise executives say that not embracing big data will cause companies to lose competitive position and risk extinction.
- 90 percent of IT professionals plan to increase spending on BI tools.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Snowflake ELT vs. ETL
- Driving Power BI Adoption
- How to get started with Data Governance
- Implementing Power BI Report Usage Metrics
- Six Reasons to Consider Power BI Premium
- Data Governance: A Banking & Finance necessity, not a luxury
- Women In Tech: Getting Hired in Technology Roles
- The Value of Data Management
- Improving Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) Scores with Data Management
- Implementing a Proof of Concept (POC) Approach