90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals currently say data and analytics are key to their organization’s digital transformation initiatives.2018
MicroStrategy 2018 Global State of Enterprise Analytics Report
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 53 percent of CEOs consider themselves the primary leader of their company’s analytics agenda.
- Data warehouse optimization is considered the most important big data analytics use case, and is considered critical or very important by 70 percent of businesses.
- 73 percent of businesses consider Spark SQL critical to their analytics strategies as a big data access method.
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
- 8 percent of businesses say data and analytics have fundamentally changed the nature of industry-wide competition
- Only 16% of organizations can currently say that 75% or more of their employees have access to company data and analytics.
- Businesses that use big data saw a profit increase of 8–10 percent.
- 59 percent of executives say big data at their company would be improved through artificial intelligence (AI).
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Women in Technology: It’s Time We Stand Up for What’s Right
- Why Methodology Matters in Analytics
- Six Reasons to Consider Power BI Premium
- Exploring the Decomposition Tree Visual in Power BI
- Women In Tech: Getting Hired in Technology Roles
- Five ways Financial Services Can Benefit from Snowflake
- Self-Service Power BI with Shared Datasets
- How to Build a Data Strategy Roadmap
- Predictive Analytics can help reduce your Data Decay
- Improving Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) Scores with Data Management