90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals currently say data and analytics are key to their organization’s digital transformation initiatives.2018
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- 70 percent of investment professionals use “alternative data” or plan to do so in the next year.
- Only 16% of organizations can currently say that 75% or more of their employees have access to company data and analytics.
- 14 percent of investment professionals use credit card and POS software data to derive data.
- 21 percent of investment professionals use web traffic to derive data.
- 79 percent of enterprise executives say that not embracing big data will cause companies to lose competitive position and risk extinction.
- The big data industry will be worth an estimated $77 billion by 2023.
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use expert networks to derive data.
- 83 percent of enterprise executives say they’ve pursued big data projects to gain a competitive advantage.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Winning strategies for Data Governance maturity
- Why Methodology Matters in Analytics
- Gender Equality in Technology: Come so Far, Got so Far to Go
- Power BI Reports vs. Dashboards
- How to get started with Data Governance
- Five ways Financial Services Can Benefit from Snowflake
- Five Questions You Need To Answer To Get The Most Out Of Power BI
- Data Warehouse: Keys to Success
- Overview: The Tableau Suite of Products
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Use Cases for the Retail Industry