83 percent of enterprise executives say they’ve pursued big data projects to gain a competitive advantage.2018
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals currently say data and analytics are key to their organization’s digital transformation initiatives.
- 8 percent of businesses say data and analytics have fundamentally changed the nature of industry-wide competition
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
- Data-driven organizations are 23 times more likely to acquire customers, six times as likely to retain customers, and 19 times as likely to be profitable as a result.
- By 2025, 60% of the 163 zettabytes of existing data will be created and managed by enterprise organizations.
- 60 percent of businesses believe it is harder to source talent for data and analytics positions than for any other roles
- Through 2019, 90% of large organizations will have hired a CDO, but only 50% will be considered a success.
- Only 16% of organizations can currently say that 75% or more of their employees have access to company data and analytics.
- Data warehouse optimization is considered the most important big data analytics use case, and is considered critical or very important by 70 percent of businesses.
- 21 percent of investment professionals use web traffic to derive data.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Snowflake Best Practices for Data Warehouse Development
- Power BI Reports vs. Dashboards
- Scrum Master Best Practices to Accelerate Data Projects
- Winning strategies for Data Governance maturity
- Launching A Master Data Management Program: The Keys to Success
- Implementation Fundamentals of Master Data Management
- Snowflake’s Modern Platform Solves Data Challenges
- The Benefits of Data Lakes for Financial Services
- Snowflake ELT vs. ETL
- Gender Equality in Technology: Come so Far, Got so Far to Go