Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- Businesses that use big data saw a profit increase of 8–10 percent.
- 8 percent of businesses say data and analytics have fundamentally changed the nature of industry-wide competition
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
- 98 percent of sales representatives at construction companies that adopt analytics and geographic data reported dramatic decreases in their time frame for providing price quotes.
- 90 percent of IT professionals plan to increase spending on BI tools.
- The number of IT professionals using descriptive and predictive analytics grew from the mid-40th percentile to high 60th percentile between January 2018 and January 2019.
- The amount of data generated each second in the banking sector will grow 700 percent by 2020.
- Insights-driven businesses are growing at an average of more than 30% each year, and by 2021, they are predicted to take $1.8 trillion annually from their less-informed peers.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- 95 percent of businesses need to manage unstructured data.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Power BI Download Options: App vs MSI
- Six Reasons to Consider Power BI Premium
- How can the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform transform your organization? – Part 1
- Snowflake’s Modern Platform Solves Data Challenges
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future
- Why choose Snowflake Cloud Data Platform?
- The Value of Data Management
- Sharing a Power BI report within Teams
- Why Methodology Matters in Analytics
- Power BI Reports vs. Dashboards