8 percent of businesses say data and analytics have fundamentally changed the nature of industry-wide competition2018
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 53 percent of CEOs consider themselves the primary leader of their company’s analytics agenda.
- The worldwide big data market is projected to grow from $42 billion in 2018 to $103 billion in 2027.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- The amount of data generated each second in the banking sector will grow 700 percent by 2020.
- 73 percent of businesses consider Spark SQL critical to their analytics strategies as a big data access method.
- 79 percent of enterprise executives say that not embracing big data will cause companies to lose competitive position and risk extinction.
- 95 percent of businesses need to manage unstructured data.
- By 2025, the amount of the global datasphere subject to data analysis will grow by a factor of 50 to 5.2 zettabytes.
- 55 percent of North American businesses have adopted big data analytics.
- The number of IT professionals using descriptive and predictive analytics grew from the mid-40th percentile to high 60th percentile between January 2018 and January 2019.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Don’t Let Technical Debt Bankrupt Your Data Foundation
- Data Governance: Lessons learned for best practices
- Mothers in Tech: Design your Own Work-Life Balance
- Top 5 Benefits to Centralized Data
- Women in Technology: It’s Time We Stand Up for What’s Right
- Women In Tech: Getting Hired in Technology Roles
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future
- The Importance of Data Strategy in 2023
- Why choose Snowflake Cloud Data Platform?
- Implementing Power BI Report Usage Metrics