Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- The big data software market was worth $31 billion in 2018, growing 14 percent from the year before.
- Nearly 50 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their sales and marketing departments.
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
- Businesses that use big data saw a profit increase of 8–10 percent.
- 40 percent of businesses say they need to manage unstructured data on a frequent basis.
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
- 95 percent of businesses need to manage unstructured data.
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
- By 2025, IDC predicts that the total amount of digital data created worldwide will rise to 163 zettabytes, ballooned by the growing number of devices and sensors
- 90 percent of the world’s data was created between 2015 and 2016 alone.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Uncovering the Best Practices for Master Data Management
- Women in Technology: It’s Time We Stand Up for What’s Right
- How to get started with Data Governance
- Why choose Snowflake Cloud Data Platform?
- Data Warehouse: Keys to Success
- Is Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) the “Prescribed Burn” that Healthcare Data Needs?
- Exploring DEV / TEST / PROD Environments in Power BI
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Use Cases for the Retail Industry
- The Value of Data Integration
- Why Methodology Matters in Analytics