Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
- 53 percent of companies are adopting big data analytics
- By 2020, there will be 2.7 million job postings for data science and analytics roles.
- People generate 2.5 quintillion bytes of data each day.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- 60 percent of businesses believe it is harder to source talent for data and analytics positions than for any other roles
- The number of IT professionals using descriptive and predictive analytics grew from the mid-40th percentile to high 60th percentile between January 2018 and January 2019.
- 30 percent of businesses consider the Spark software framework critical to their big data analytics strategies.
- By 2025, more than a quarter of all data created will be real-time, with 95% of that data generated by the Internet of Things.
- 90 percent of IT professionals plan to increase spending on BI tools.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Overview: The Tableau Suite of Products
- Data Governance: Lessons learned for best practices
- The Open Banking Movement is Open for Business
- Implementing Power BI Report Usage Metrics
- Retail Predictive Analytics Improve Business Outcomes
- What is a Data Strategy & Why is it Important?
- Interoperability in Healthcare: A Patient-First Framework
- Enterprise Data Strategy: What is it? And why is it important?
- How Healthcare Payers can breakdown their Data Silos
- The Benefits of Data Lakes for Financial Services