Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 30 percent of businesses consider the Spark software framework critical to their big data analytics strategies.
- Data warehouse optimization is considered the most important big data analytics use case, and is considered critical or very important by 70 percent of businesses.
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
- Nearly 50 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their sales and marketing departments.
- 83 percent of enterprise executives say they’ve pursued big data projects to gain a competitive advantage.
- 36 percent of investment professionals use web scraping to derive data.
- 73 percent of businesses consider Spark SQL critical to their analytics strategies as a big data access method.
- In 2025, the IoT data analyzed and used to change business processes will be as much as all of the data created in 2020.
- Content analytics usage among IT professionals increased from 43 percent to 54 percent between January 2018 and January 2019.
- By 2025, 60% of the 163 zettabytes of existing data will be created and managed by enterprise organizations.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Data Modeling Best Practices
- What is Data Strategy & Why is it Important?
- Why Methodology Matters in Analytics
- A Business Analyst View: Transforming Data Inventory into Rich Visuals
- Snowflake’s Modern Platform Solves Data Challenges
- Data Offense or Data Defense: Flexibility vs Control
- Data Warehouse Business Requirements
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Use Cases for the Retail Industry
- Top 5 Benefits to Centralized Data
- Gaining executive buy-in through Data Governance