61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.2018
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
- 62 percent of retail businesses see competitive advantages from information and analytics.
- 26 percent of businesses say data and analytics have significantly changed the nature of industry-wide competition.
- By 2025, the amount of the global datasphere subject to data analysis will grow by a factor of 50 to 5.2 zettabytes.
- Content analytics usage among IT professionals increased from 43 percent to 54 percent between January 2018 and January 2019.
- Insights-driven businesses are growing at an average of more than 30% each year, and by 2021, they are predicted to take $1.8 trillion annually from their less-informed peers.
- 30 percent of businesses consider the Spark software framework critical to their big data analytics strategies.
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
- In 2025, the IoT data analyzed and used to change business processes will be as much as all of the data created in 2020.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Snowflake’s Modern Platform Solves Data Challenges
- Overcoming common Enterprise Data Governance challenges
- Predictive Analytics can help reduce your Data Decay
- Data Warehouse: Keys to Success
- Data Offense or Data Defense: Flexibility vs Control
- Power BI Download Options: App vs MSI
- Snowflake Best Practices for Data Warehouse Development
- Exploring the Decomposition Tree Visual in Power BI
- Gaining executive buy-in through Data Governance
- Why Methodology Matters in Analytics