61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.2018
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals currently say data and analytics are key to their organization’s digital transformation initiatives.
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
- Through 2019, 90% of large organizations will have hired a CDO, but only 50% will be considered a success.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- 62 percent of retail businesses see competitive advantages from information and analytics.
- By 2020, there will be 2.7 million job postings for data science and analytics roles.
- By 2025, the amount of the global datasphere subject to data analysis will grow by a factor of 50 to 5.2 zettabytes.
- 83 percent of enterprise executives say they’ve pursued big data projects to gain a competitive advantage.
- 53 percent of CEOs consider themselves the primary leader of their company’s analytics agenda.
- 8 percent of businesses say data and analytics have fundamentally changed the nature of industry-wide competition
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future
- Snowflake Best Practices for Data Warehouse Development
- Uncovering the Best Practices for Master Data Management
- Predictive Analytics can help reduce your Data Decay
- Accelerating Data Initiatives for the Banking & Finance Industry
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Use Cases for the Retail Industry
- Data Solutions that Improve Risk Management for Banks
- Data Warehouse: Keys to Success
- The Value of Data Integration
- Don’t Let Technical Debt Bankrupt Your Data Foundation