61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.2018
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 53 percent of companies are adopting big data analytics
- 90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals currently say data and analytics are key to their organization’s digital transformation initiatives.
- 55 percent of North American businesses have adopted big data analytics.
- Insights-driven businesses are growing at an average of more than 30% each year, and by 2021, they are predicted to take $1.8 trillion annually from their less-informed peers.
- 62 percent of retail businesses see competitive advantages from information and analytics.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use expert networks to derive data.
- 90 percent of the world’s data was created between 2015 and 2016 alone.
- 45 percent of companies run at least some big data workloads in the cloud.
- Only 16% of organizations can currently say that 75% or more of their employees have access to company data and analytics.
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Data Governance: Lessons learned for best practices
- Winning strategies for Data Governance maturity
- A 360-Degree Customer View: Personalizing the Consumer Journey
- Exploring DEV / TEST / PROD Environments in Power BI
- Five ways Financial Services Can Benefit from Snowflake
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future
- How Healthcare Payers can breakdown their Data Silos
- Driving Power BI Adoption
- Exporting DATA from Tableau to Excel
- Snowflake ELT vs. ETL