61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.2018
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- Content analytics usage among IT professionals increased from 43 percent to 54 percent between January 2018 and January 2019.
- In 2025, the IoT data analyzed and used to change business processes will be as much as all of the data created in 2020.
- The big data industry will be worth an estimated $77 billion by 2023.
- The number of IT professionals using descriptive and predictive analytics grew from the mid-40th percentile to high 60th percentile between January 2018 and January 2019.
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
- 55 percent of North American businesses have adopted big data analytics.
- The worldwide big data market is projected to grow from $42 billion in 2018 to $103 billion in 2027.
- 40 percent of businesses say they need to manage unstructured data on a frequent basis.
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
- Through 2019, 90% of large organizations will have hired a CDO, but only 50% will be considered a success.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Sharing a Power BI report within Teams
- Self-Service Power BI with Shared Datasets
- Exploring the Decomposition Tree Visual in Power BI
- Power BI Reports vs. Dashboards
- Data Warehouse: Keys to Success
- The Value of Data Management
- Why choose Snowflake Cloud Data Platform?
- How Snowflake Delivers A Single Data Experience Across Multiple Clouds And Regions
- Snowflake ELT vs. ETL
- Snowflake Advantages