Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
- 73 percent of businesses consider Spark SQL critical to their analytics strategies as a big data access method.
- 55 percent of North American businesses have adopted big data analytics.
- Content analytics usage among IT professionals increased from 43 percent to 54 percent between January 2018 and January 2019.
- 79 percent of enterprise executives say that not embracing big data will cause companies to lose competitive position and risk extinction.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- 8 percent of businesses say data and analytics have fundamentally changed the nature of industry-wide competition
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
- Businesses that use big data saw a 10 percent reduction in overall cost.
- 90 percent of the world’s data was created between 2015 and 2016 alone.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Snowflake Best Practices for Data Warehouse Development
- Sharing a Power BI report within Teams
- Women in Technology: It’s Time We Stand Up for What’s Right
- Scrum Master Best Practices to Accelerate Data Projects
- Launching A Master Data Management Program: The Keys to Success
- Six Reasons to Consider Power BI Premium
- Snowflake ELT vs. ETL
- Data Modeling is the Key to Success
- Data Governance: Lessons learned for best practices
- Why do you need a Data Strategy now more than ever?