60 percent of businesses believe it is harder to source talent for data and analytics positions than for any other roles2018
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- Data-driven organizations are 23 times more likely to acquire customers, six times as likely to retain customers, and 19 times as likely to be profitable as a result.
- The number of IT professionals using descriptive and predictive analytics grew from the mid-40th percentile to high 60th percentile between January 2018 and January 2019.
- By 2025, the amount of the global datasphere subject to data analysis will grow by a factor of 50 to 5.2 zettabytes.
- 14 percent of investment professionals use credit card and POS software data to derive data.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use expert networks to derive data.
- Data warehouse optimization is considered the most important big data analytics use case, and is considered critical or very important by 70 percent of businesses.
- The amount of data generated each second in the banking sector will grow 700 percent by 2020.
- By 2025, IDC predicts that the total amount of digital data created worldwide will rise to 163 zettabytes, ballooned by the growing number of devices and sensors
- 45 percent of companies run at least some big data workloads in the cloud.
- 26 percent of businesses say data and analytics have significantly changed the nature of industry-wide competition.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Surprise! Payers’ Data Struggles with the No Surprises Act
- Gender Equality in Technology: Come so Far, Got so Far to Go
- Power BI Download Options: App vs MSI
- The Open Banking Movement is Open for Business
- The Value of Data Integration
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future
- Data Governance: A Banking & Finance necessity, not a luxury
- Why choose Snowflake Cloud Data Platform?
- Data Offense or Data Defense: Flexibility vs Control
- Five Questions You Need To Answer To Get The Most Out Of Power BI